Now I See

The golden castle, end on end
across the murky waters
What lurks within the hidden
bend?
A world so far removed
from mine?

The twisted lumped flesh
of corpses entwined
arm upon arm, leg upon leg
But there's more to be
found
A secret, sweet and fresh

This window is so narrow
and such an obstructed view
can't possibly let any light
shine in
and darkness too

These stones that shield
from outward danger
A barrier against all plights
block not just against
the sword and spear
but swaying tree and rich field
as well

The waters that run so deep
that flow so fast
they whisper to me
They tell me things
and guide me through my dreams
so I shan't be lost in sleep

Come play with us
they call
Come and see the wonders
beyond the dull, gray wall

I wish I could
I say
I want to, I need to
If I could, how I would

There's a way
they tell me
an easy, a simple way
They tell me,
and they hand it to me,
and I see

Only I hold the knife
in my hand
Only I control the movements
the delicate trembling
of the blade
In one fell swoop
I take away
my imprisoned life

It's mine, now
the freedom to be who
I want to be
to do
what I want to do

For with the cutting
of my chain
I easily took away
the pain
And now I'm here,
and now I'm free


And now I see what lies beneath
the icy waters
of the deep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment