Who?

The lone flame trembles
in the endless night
the small circle of light
wavering

Who will break my fall
when I begin my descent?
Who will be there to stop me
when the taut ropes snap?

The howling wind blows past
carelessly
taking down the feeble
feeble
flame

Who will hold me back
when I try to escape?
Who will keep my frozen heart
when I've cast it away?

The moon has lit
The stars have sung
The flame has been
extinguished
The dark is here,
the dark is now

Who will keep my company
as I prowl the land?
Who will shield me from the sights
of a world that has long ended?

Time is gone,
the past, present,
and all hopes of a future
The world has sunk
All life snuffed out

Who will be there
when the hunger awakes in me?
Who will give me love
when I give hate?

The rustling of nothing
echoes in the air
Eerie and sharp
cold and wet

Who will I kill tonight?

0 comments:

Post a Comment